Wisdom Teeth Operation Clovis
Wisdom Teeth Operation ClovisWisdom teeth are prone to problems during their eruption (breaking through the gum tissue). Since wisdom teeth are the last to erupt — usually between the ages of 17 and 21 — there is often not enough room left in the mouth.
As a result, wisdom teeth may erupt sideways, only partially, or become trapped (impacted), leading to pain, infection, and gum line and facial swelling. When any of these conditions arise, wisdom tooth extraction is necessary.
The wisdom teeth operation to fix the problem is a fairly common oral surgery. Dr. Mirzaeian is very experienced at removing wisdom teeth, no matter how complicated the situation. Many patients prefer to be asleep or heavily sedated for the procedure.
Recovery TipsThe following tips may help to speed your recovery after your wisdom teeth operation:
- While your mouth is numb, be very careful not to bite or burn the inside of your cheek, lip, or your tongue.
- Try to cool the outside of your cheek with an ice pack for the first 24 hours. To let an icecube melt in the mouth is also cooling the inside.
- Relax after surgery. Reduce activity, as it may increase bleeding.
- Eat soft foods which can be easily chewed and swallowed, such as gelatin, pudding, or a thin soup.
- Sucking on a straw or excessive rinsing of the mouth can loosen the blood clot and delay healing.
- After the first day, gently rinse your mouth with warm salt water or warm camomile tea several times a day and repeat after every meal or snack.
- Do not smoke for at least 24 hours after your surgery. Nicotin may break down the blood clot and cause delayed healing and pain, known as "Dry-Socket".
- Avoid touching the area with your finger or rubbing it with your tongue.
- Continue to brush carefully your teeth and tongue twice a day. Keeping your mouth very clean will help avoid complications as delayed healing or infections.
About Lovik Mirzaeian Family DentistryWe are a dental practice devoted to restoring and enhancing the natural beauty of your smile using conservative, state-of-the-art procedures that will result in beautiful, long lasting smiles!
A standard of excellence in personalized dental care enables us to provide the quality dental services our patients deserve. We provide comprehensive treatment planning and use restorative and cosmetic dentistry to achieve your optimal dental health. Should a dental emergency occur, we make every effort to see and care for you as soon as possible.
As your dental health professionals, we want you to be confident knowing that we are a team of highly trained and skilled clinicians. We pride ourselves in providing the care you need to keep your smile healthy. To give you the best possible service and results, we are committed to continual education and learning. We attend dental lectures, meetings, and dental conventions to stay informed of new techniques, the latest products, and the newest equipment that a modern dental office can utilize to provide state-of-the-art dental care.