DENTAL SCALING AND ROOT PLANING: THE BASICSAugust 22, 2019
Intro to VeneersOctober 14, 2019
THERE ARE A NUMBER of reasons why you need to know how to choose a great dentist. For instance, maybe your insurance has changed. Perhaps you’ve moved to a new area. If you’ve never selected a dentist, we can help you know how to choose a great dentist. Whatever your reason. It’s always a good idea for you and your family to get regular dental exams. Plus, you’ll have a plan in place in case of a dental emergency.
Five Factors To Consider as You Choose a Great Dentist.
Many variables play a role when you’re choosing the best dentist for you and your family. How you rank your priorities is up to you. But here are five items we recommend be on everyone’s list.
- The location of the practice is definitely something to consider. How close is your dentist to your home or to your child’s school? Is the distance convenient enough that twice-yearly checkups will be convenient? So set up a range based on your answers to these questions and look for a dentist who fits.
- What is the dentist’s reputation? Within the radius you’re willing to travel, which dentist has favor among his/her patients? Check Yelp and Google. Ask around. You can get recommendations from neighbors and friends.
- Do you need a dentist with a certain specialization? Do you need a family practice? Someone good with kids? A dentist who specializes in treating gum disease? Or root canals? Be sure to research different types of dentists to find the one that suits your needs best.
- As important as it is to get high quality dental care, cost is an important factor too. What’s your household budget for dental care? Do you have dental insurance? Keep in mind that preventing dental problems or treating them early will be much cheaper than waiting until they get serious. So slightly higher upfront costs are often well worth the investment.
- How comfortable are you around the dentist? It doesn’t matter how affordable and great a dentist is if you can’t relax in their office. Go in for a visit ahead of time to get a sense of the place. What’s the team atmosphere? Meet the dentist. Good dentists always prioritize patient comfort!
Check out this video to learn more about how to choose a great dentist.
We Can’t Wait To Meet You And Your Family
Use this list to get a good start on finding a great dentist. But if you’re still uncertain, come see us!
We can answer your questions about our practice. And we’ll help you discover whether or not we’re a good fit for you and your family.
We love meeting new patients!
The content on this blog is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of qualified health providers with questions you may have regarding medical conditions.